Thank you for visiting our web site. We hope that the information contained on these pages will provide you with a glimpse into the vibrant life of fellowship, spiritual growth, and service to the world, that St. Luke provides.
Our congregation offers a wide array of opportunities for persons of all ages to become involved. At St. Luke, worship and preaching relates the timeless truths of the scriptures to our lives with integrity. Service opportunities for adults and excellent programs for children and youth are overseen by experienced staff and numerous adult volunteers.
St. Luke has a distinct tradition of exploring the Bible, theological concepts, and Christian discipleship in a manner that fully engages present day insights and scholarship in our journeying together with God.
We believe a strong faith is one that allows for critical thinking and at the same time engages us in mission and ministry to the world. At St. Luke we celebrate our diversity and open our doors to all persons. Our congregation is comprised of members from different backgrounds and belief traditions. Together we seek to be a church with "open hearts, open minds, and open doors."
Please join us this Sunday morning for worship at either the 9:00 a.m. or the 10:30 a.m. worship service and experience the difference that God makes in your life.
We offer two distinct worship services on Sunday Mornings. Both services include a time to ask any "God question" on your mind.
Our Casual Service is at 9:00 AM in the Great Room. This service features a more relaxed environment, a limited liturgy, and a very lively energy level...and of course plenty of coffee and donuts at every table.
Our Liturgical Service is at 10:30 AM in the Sanctuary. This service features liturgy, congregational singing, an outstanding Choir and Bell Choir, and occassional instrumental music. Coffee and donuts are provided before and after worship.
ST. LUKE MISSION STATEMENT
St. Luke United Methodist Church seeks to be an open
minded church guiding its members to live purposefully,
to intentionally grow in faith, and to significantly serve
God and their communities.
ST. LUKE VISION STATEMENT
St. Luke will be an open and inclusive church that:
· Offers a distinctive faith experience that empowers persons to question scripture and define their relationship with God.
· Provides a place of worship that values open dialogue.
· Supports the spiritual, emotional, and physical health of members, and their communities.
· Promotes a vibrant and growing congregation.
· Provides a growing number of quality programs, especially for youth and children.
· Encourages active congregational participation, especially in terms of personal involvement and financial support.
· Supports the development of a mission driven staff.
· Utilizes its building and grounds as a tool for ministry.
Sunday School is offered for children during the 9:00 AM worship service.
"Deep End" is offered for Grade 7-12 youth during both the 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM worship services.